Grover Norquist Helped Us to Celebrate 30th Anniversary of the founding of GST.
Individuals signed up for the Americans for Tax Reform Taxpayer Protection Pledge.
GST Chairman Chadwick recognized and thanked past and current Board members and Chairmen.
He and Tom Thomson (son of GST Founder Mel Thomson) reviewed the March 22, 1990 GST founding.
Tommy Thomson brought Mel Thomson’s “AXE the TAX” Axe and original campaign materials.
Grover Norquist then gave an informed, insightful and witty commentary on a range of topics:
– formation of Americans for Tax Reform
– logic for reducing taxes and controlling spending
– Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and it’s impact on global competitiveness
– contrasting Republicans and Democrats on the issues of taxes and liberty
– economy and impact of corona virus shutdowns and stimulus bills
– 2020 election outlook.
Grover again expressed support for Granite State Taxpayers and our work.
“Thank you for your leadership here in New Hampshire.
You need to be the really low tax state in order to save Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont and Rhode Island because only if people can flee here will it force those other guys to get better at what they do.”
Thank you for joining us, Grover. We look forward to working with you in 2021!
Thanks to Murphy’s Tap Room & Carriage House for their superb food and accommodations.
Posted by GST Chairman Ray Chadwick